Monday, February 8, 2010

Visual Drone



This is a follow up piece to the last post. I used this opportunity to explore the ways darks can be used as the lights functioned in the previous piece. The piece started out as a portrait of the electroclash band Ladytron and ended up as a piece representing electronically influenced music in general. Again, mostly an experiment in color and effects, cyan and yellow to complement the magenta of Lady Gaga. Strangely, this is one of the most intensive illustrator projects that I have worked on, the line count is huge. I will gladly cross the finish line of this waterfall project.

Also, I have come upon a wealth of new music at ISO50 (designer/musician Scott Hansen/Tycho's blog) This is just one of the many finds, I like the direction this kind of pop music is going.

No comments: