Thursday, February 23, 2012

Check My Swag


There is a portrait contest coming up at MCAD and I thought that I would use it as an opportunity to work in a style that feels fun and natural to me. Natural as my swag.

There is something really gratuitous about working on self portraits, It was a little uncomfortable. This week was really about nailing aesthetic techniques that I thought could become relevant as I choose a direction and start to make work for the exhibition.

This reminds me of a Pink Floyd poster.



The following experiments were purely a result of the frustration of searching through both illustrator and photoshop for a quick way vectorize raster linework. I did not find a good way to do this, granted my original sketch was terrible in multiple ways. However, things exist in the Adobe suite that I never knew existed and I had some fun.




an ocean!

No comments: