Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Continuous Patterns: First Looks


In an efforts to create more work each week I am going to update more frequently and share a little process. This week I am beginning something that I haven't done before formally; I am making continuous patterns. While I have always had somewhat pattern-oriented work I haven't automated my pattern making process as much as I could.

At a first glance I can tell you, it is difficult to make a pattern that doesn't look like a unelegant video game skin from ten years ago (I'm looking at you Quake). In any case I am mainly trying to make it look more organic and varied.



I am still working on this. Along with simplification of the shapes and elements involved. The following are some variations that preceded the patterns.


No comments: