Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Progress Update: The Universe in Yuan and Dollars


Most of these are really rough screencaps of what I have been working on this week. I am still exploring the idea of the eastern and western economies; where the economies war and intersect, and who will win.

I've done a lot of research and am beginning some visual explorations. The task I set myself to do this week is to take the currency symbol for the Chinese Yuan (yes it is the same as the Japanese Yen) and the American Dollar and find patterns and forms. The following are made entirely from the Yuan and Dollar in either a serif or san serif.


The Cosmos:





Hello Mao


Latticework:



My favorite San Serif combo:

Hello there




I'm also working with more illustration. Unfortunately the dimension of the fortune cookie doesn't replicate well and I want to integrate the text more thoroughly. Then I got sidetracked and started to sketch.





I plan to collate this more neatly but I thought I'd share this weeks work.

1 comment:

Andres Guzman said...

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT...
Loving them infinity explorations.
Vector Master.