Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pacific Coast Sun and Suggestion




As far as the material for these pieces I am hitting all of the main categories of censored material. hedonism-related, gambling, and this week, sexuality. There are many fruits and vegetables that can represent the human organ.

This piece was strange and very challenging in that the technique in this one is almost entirely illustration based. Perhaps it was my love of the sun that we have been seeing in these past few days but I became immersed in making the environments in this piece. Unfortunately, I think I fell short in a few areas, such as overall design and creating centerpieces. But I think of this as more of a collection of short stories to the novels of my two former pieces.

The overall result is soft and multicolored, more painterly and less graphic.