Monday, August 6, 2012

Nicollet Mall Mural


These panels represent the culmination of a project that I have undertaken to propose a large scale mural in the Nicollet Mall area where Zelo is. I want to beautify the area as well as bring a sense of wonder to the everyday bustle of the Mall.

The theme is a Anglo-Japanese fusion of storytelling involving the search for the legendary and unattainable glory, the white stag. I feel that in our everyday lives we pursue goals that are similar to pursuing the legendary animal. While the stag is represented in the smaller sequence of panels the closer view reveals that the hunter is in fact inside the stag. In this way I like to think of those goals as being unknowingly attained.

Hopefully this will be produced and I am looking at many other commercial signage areas within Nicollet Mall as well.

No comments: